PRAIRIE SKY CHAMBER OF COMMERCE – EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR POSITION
An enthusiastic individual is being sought to take on the role of the Executive Director (ED) for the Prairie Sky Chamber of Commerce. The ED holds the key leadership position with the organization to advocate for the members throughout the Warman & Martensville region. Reporting to and working with a volunteer Board of Directors, the ED assumes complete responsibility for carrying out the day-to-day functions of the Chamber. The ED is also responsible to plan, direct, and coordinate the operations of the chamber of commerce for the accomplishment of objectives and policies established by the board. Some weekend and evening work is required.
Policy and planning and board support
- Take an active part in local government and advocate for legislation and ordinances that ensure a prosperous and healthy business climate.
- Formulate and recommend to the Board policy resolutions that are provincial and national in scope, as per local requirements.
- Develop Chamber programs and services and monitor their effectiveness, in relation to the needs of Chamber members.
- Develop and maintain a strategic plan that identifies critical issues that may impact the Chamber and its members, provides a short- and long-term vision and action items for staff and Board of Directors.
- Attend all Board meetings.
- Develop annual budget for Board approval.
- Track and report revenues and expenditures monthly.
- Ensure accuracy, integrity and timeliness of all financial account and report requirements.
Program and service development
- Develop, plan and manage Chamber events to ensure the achievement of Chamber strategic goals.
- Develop of plans to actively attract and retain Chamber members.
- Support existing programs and services and formulate new opportunities that would benefit Chamber membership.
- Ensure volunteer committees are supported.
Community relations, partnerships and sponsorships
- Manage the profile within the community by protecting and maintaining the Chamber brand.
- Develop and maintain an effective communications program responsive to the needs of the membership, including social media, email, advertising, news releases and blogs.
- Act as the Chamber spokesperson as required at meetings and events.
- Foster and utilize partnerships with local, regional and provincial organizations, chambers, civic and non-profit organizations, media and educational institutions.
- Identify, develop, and maintain effective sponsorship opportunities and relationships.
- Participate in local, provincial, and national Chamber activities.
Other duties as assigned.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Excellence verbal and written skills.
- Strong skills in diplomacy and public communications.
- Strong knowledge and proficiency with computer including financial reporting procedures, spreadsheets, written documents and website and social media management.
- Significant experience in project management and/or community development.
- An understanding of Chamber of Commerce functions an asset.
Location: Warman, SK
Compensation: Full-time, benefits with competitive wage based on qualifications and experience.
Submit applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, April 1, 2021.