For many, this time of year is spent reflecting on the year that has passed and looking ahead, planning how you are going to grow and develop moving forward. In the spirit of making resolutions, here are some suggestions for making good use of your Chamber membership benefits in 2018.
- Take advantage of the opportunities we offer to market your business. The more you interact with us, the better informed and able we are to promote your business on your behalf.
- Attend our events. You are your brand and the more others in the community see you, the more likely they are to remember you when making purchasing decisions.
- When attending events, use the time wisely. Create connections and relationships rather than contacts or business prospects. It doesn’t have to be a painful process. Be curious and learn about a couple of people at each event.
- Use your time strategically. All chamber members are important but some have more potential to you than others. Maximize your networking time by connecting with and fostering relationships with those members who are more likely to be prospective clients.
- Consider how you can contribute to the success of other members or to the organization. When you act as a resource, you will be perceived as having more credibility and competency. Think about how you can bring value to the membership and give yourself the opportunity to showcase your talents and skills.
- Leverage your profile in the community through sponsoring a chamber event. Bring a potential member to the events you attend so they and you can benefit from our growing network. Advertise on our website.
- Finally, consider taking on a leadership role as a committee or board member. This will connect you with others who share your values. It provides an opportunity for others to see you as an authority, to garner respect and to have some fun. It’s true…..being a director is FUN!
Let us help you to make 2018 bolder, brighter and stronger than the year before! Have questions about Chamber membership? Contact our Chamber office (306) 292-7066 and we would be happy to chat with you.
There are many benefits of belonging to a Chamber of Commerce. In addition to networking and advocacy there are opportunities to increase sales and brand awareness through your Chamber membership. Below are some easy tips on how your Chamber membership can generate business leads:
1. Have some exciting business news? Inform us and we will promote it. We regularly publish members news and events through our “Members In The News” section of our newsletter, on our website and through social media.
2. Contribute to the “Share Your Knowledge” section of our newsletter. We are more than willing to post articles on behalf of businesses. Have an area of expertise you think other businesses will find useful and relevant? Let us know and we would be happy to post that for you.
3. Give a presentation at our BB9 (Business Before 9) Business Breakfast or our Power Hour Business Luncheon. We love it when we can highlight our members this way.
4. Does your business have a promotion you are running or employment opportunities? Be sure to take advantage of our Hot Deals and Job Openings section of our website by posting these opportunities here. Not sure how? Contact our office and we will be happy to answer any questions you have.
All of these opportunities are included with your membership. Be sure you are taking advantage of them.
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Thursday, October 5, 2017
Chamber members vote in favor of Chamber amalgamation
On October 4, 2017, members of both the Warman and Martensville Chambers of Commerce voted in favor of the proposed Chamber amalgamation. The vote was unanimous among the Martensville Chamber representatives with the Warman Chamber members voting 96% in favor.
“Combining the Warman and Martensville Chambers of Commerce will not only give the region a bigger voice in business and government but it will also increase the economic diversity of the Chamber. Members will benefit by having access to better opportunities for network connections.”, explained Jaimie Malmgren, Executive Director.
With the members approving the merger now the real work begins. This will be done over the next few weeks. The amalgamation will take effect November 15, 2017 with the official unveiling of the new Chamber’s name and logo. Further details will be released in the coming weeks.
For more information, contact: